Wednesday, February 06, 2008

My poor package

Never mind the fact I haven't posted here in over a year (just).

The kids are another year older. I feel about three years older. Everyone is healthy, and my engineering job is still, well, in hell.

A friend and co-worker (and like-minded music geek) started his own blog a few days ago. This - in turn - made me think about my stilted attempt at one, so decided to try and do some updates. I hope to keep it up for the long run. I'm going to try shorter "stream of consciousnesses" type posts so they don't seem so daunting.

Anyway - to the subject at hand.

UPS lost my bike.

They don't come out and SAY that of course, but that seems to be the case. When I enter the tracking number I get the following status:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Tracking Detail

Your package has experienced an exception.


Tracking Number: nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Type: Package
Status: Exception
Shipped To: ....,..... , US
Shipped/Billed On: 01/24/2008
Service: GROUND
Weight: 29.80 Lbs

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
MENLO PARK,
CA, US
01/24/2008 4:18 P.M. PICKUP SCAN
US 01/24/2008 7:32 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

-----------------------------------------------------------

More upsetting than the fact that my bike is probably never going to be seen again (at least by anyone in my family) is the fact that the poor thing has "Experienced an Exception."

Doesn't seem fair.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home