Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My bike - she iz lost

So apparently, UPS is finally admitting they lost my bike. It's kind of vague as to what really happens now because - and here's the amusing part - UPS is blaming the shipper. Every time I talk to someone about this issue one of the first questions they ask is "has the shipper sent you a replacement?"

*sigh*

I then explain - AGAIN - that there is "no replacement" as this was a personal bicycle which I shipped from Redwood City CA to my home. Myself.

"Oh" I then get in return, "I'm sorry to hear that."

"Well, thanks" I say, "at least I had the presense of mind to insure it".

"Good!" the UPS representative responds - "we will help you file a claim with the shipper. Can you tell me who shipped it?"

"Ummm" I continue, somewhat taken aback that - in this day and age of information-at-fingertips this UPS person doesn't already have every bit of information up in front of them on a computer monitor. "It was a UPS store in a strip mall in Redwood City."

"Oh" I get in return once again.

"We'll start the paperwork then. You should hear something in 7-10 business days. Again, I'm very sorry for the trouble."

Somehow I don't feel like I'm going to see an insurance check anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home